View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Can no longer live with all the bugs and crashes!! reverting back to 8.0.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by formfunction View Post
Man, if Crizdee is havin problems enough to hold fast... That is not a good sign.
Hi,

I DON'T really recommend holding fast as my situation seems a bit unique to my setup

I ideally need to find someone with the same setup as mine? control 24/ Waves mercury or studio classics/ Magma PE6R4/ PT 8.1 or 9 (maybe not the chassis? but it could be that! and i can't test without) Even if someone did have the same setup has me, maybe they don't use it to control plugins!!!!

My main issue is the control 24!! 99% of the crash log are the control 24 personality. If you don't use a control 24 and can live with the few quirky problems in 9? (import session data crashes. no vocAlign yet!, occasional TL Rehab crashes etc) then Pro Tools 9 is working well in all other respects.

I did hours of testing last week without the control 24 connected and none of the problems i've been having occurred. so i know where my main problem is, but even though i have repeatable crash scenarios and a hard drive full of crash logs there's nothing more i can do.

Until either Avid or Waves recognize and confirm the issue i can do nothing but revert back to setup that works

I do heavily rely on the control surface to control the plugins and thats the main reason i bought it and it spends most of its time in plugin control mode.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.