View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 03:21 PM

Default No Sound During Playback

Hi,

Another complete newbie here with what is probably THE classic problem...

I can't seem to get a signal in any of the volume meters, nor hear anything during playback.

Before I dive in, I should mention that whenever I fire up PTF, a "Session Note" always appears, which states:

“Some inputs or outputs may have become inactive b/c your audio hardware device has changed. Some inputs are missing.”

I have no idea if this is causing the issue I'm having, but it seems worth mentioning.

Moving on...

I have created a test session, using one of the session templates (I think it was "singer songwriter") which came with an already existing drum track.

Besides this pre-existing drum track, the only other track that I've recorded thus far is a short vocal check. When I hit play, I can't hear any audio from either of these tracks, nor do I see any volume levels in any of the volume meters (the ones on the tracks themselves, or the master volume meter at the top of the screen).

I've poked around with the Setup>Playback Engine options, which are:

Pro Tool Aggregate I/O (I'll be honest and say that I'm not entirely sure what this means)

Built-in Microphone

Built-in Output

But no matter which option I select, the result is always the same: no sound during playback and no visible signal levels in any of the volume meters.

I'm sure that there's a very obvious solution to this issue and I promise vast, untold riches () to the first person who can explain what I need to do to remedy it.

Thanks in advance,

Cornelius