View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Latency problem (couldn't find the fix on DUC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
This doesn't work as it simply delays everything and would cause the player to hear the time offset. Making the master track plugins inactive is the way to go(personally, I never use plugins on the master as I want to make the mix sound right WITHOUT master plugins
Ahh so, Albee-san. But you have foresaken Dr. Fred's original scenario. Audio he was recording and hearing in time was late when he played it back.

Remember that in low-latency mode, the audio inputs being recorded are routed back out at the interface for monitoring purposes before going through Pro Tools. Technically, this is why there can be no RTAS processing on a track being recorded.

So audio that gets recorded in time with what he hears through a master fader with plugins with delay will be late on playback and can be compensated for by shifting it earlier in time.

But I sure wouldn't want to work this way if I had to record a track with lots of punches.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control