View Single Post
Old 12-28-2022, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Which Mac Tower is best for the TDM parts I have now?

I’m trying to set up a decent quality tracking system for 16 tracks or more to donate to a youth organization for musicians in our city.

I do think that having young people work through the challenges of using an older TDM system will only give them better skills if they can get their hands on a more modern tracking system.

It would be for tracking, live music, not sampling, and all other elements of music production.

I don’t have the fiscal resources to donate a modern system as is being described. I do think it’s reasonable to affordably put together 16 tracks of a TDM system. Please let me know if this is not correct.

Thanks!
Quaker Off-road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for the best Apple tower to run with the following TDM bits I have been collecting: PCIe cards ( HD Core, HD Accel, and Accel Core). Two Avid 96 I/O 8x8 units, Protools HD 9, and a stack of memory and two cards to expand it with (4GB 2RX4 and some 2GB 2RX4)

Any advice on additional pieces to pick up to make the system work? Well would be most appreciated. I’m not clear if I need a PCI-e expansion box too or not ??

Thanks!
Quaker Off-roader