View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11HD license and Satellite Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
And yes, you no longer need to purchase an Ilok license for Satellite and Video Satellite LE, as long as the admin system is PT11. Video Satellite LE can be two non-HD systems, but I'm pretty sure Satellite Link still only works with two HD hardware systems.

Again, in either case, the system designated as admin must be PT11.
I hear you nst7. Thanks for clarifying that. It makes sense.

That's a bummer for me as I am still non-HDX, plus I am on 2.1 8-core Macs, hence not supported.

I have a HD3 rig and as surround projects make things DSP-tight, I recently purchased another HD2 system thinking of going HD5. But before I splash out for the chassis, I have been thinking of using the HD2 as an aux box instead, and using Satellite Link print stems on the second mac and/ or potentially do, music stem mixes on the HD2, when necessary. I already have a couple PT8 HD licenses and Video Satellite LE but it would have been quite cost effective if I could purchase two HD11 licenses to upgrade to 10HD, and get Satellite Link at the same time.

As 10HD is the max I can go I have to buy both 10HD and Satellite Link....

Bummer!!!!... : (

So, just to be 100% (fool's hope), if I get two HD11 licenses but use them to run two HD10 rigs, I still need to purchase a Video Satellite license for the slave HD10 rig, right?