View Single Post
Old 08-29-2022, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Documentation Folder updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
If iDrive is properly doing incremental backups then it will only be backing up some meta data, should be tiny, but the apparently silliness here of what Avid is doing just blows my mind. By all means Pro Tools check if doc files don't exist (or are down rev) and then update them. But seeming to blindly just copy stuff over every time the app starts up. !@#$%

Pro Tools already does exactly the right thing with core plugins being copied out of the app bundle, why could they not just reuse that same approach/code?
I can't tell if the incremental stuff is working correctly - I suspect it is but remember the days when it didn't. Also, it isn't a change to the original document, it's a completely new copy of the document, so it depends what method iDrive uses to compare data as to whether it will make a full copy or not.

As for the plugins / documentation - that's good if they've written the right code somewhere, they can re-use it. I will log a case when I have some time to do so.

Dominic