View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Upsample Audio Duration

Daryl thanks for your reply here are more details if it helps.

As stated in my original post I’m working with, two 48 khz 24bit and one 44.1 khz 16 bit files. I confirmed this from the beginning by viewing the Mac OS file info window (I’m always careful to check sample and bit rates of files I work with).

What I failed to mention is that the PT session is 48khz 24 bit. It’s a fresh session for this project and has only three stereo tracks plus a master bus.

I imported the stereo files using the command-shift-I import window to add them to the session clip list. The 44.1 khz 16 bit file needed to be converted or upsampled for the session. SRC was checked and the tweak head slowest option was used.

All three files are stereo .wav
The only difference is the sample and bit rate of the one file
The 48 khz 24 bit files were exported from FinalCut Pro as audio only
One video/audio source is a Pro video camera the other is a zoom camera
The 44.1 khz 16 bit file is from a zoom audio recorder

I’m running ProTools 2021.12.0
Mac OS Catalina on a 16” 2019 MacBook Pro 8 core i9 2.4 ghz 64 gigs ram
Focusrite Clarett 4 Pre interface

After converting and importing the 44.1 khz 16 bit file I noticed that is was not lining up with the 48 khz 24 bit files of the same audio.

It seems I’ve answered my own question now that I see the message in PT saying the 44.1 khz 16 bit file can be converted and imported but that it won’t playback at the correct speed.

So apparently upsampling does change the duration of the audio.

Given that, my question is if there’s a way to work with these three audio sources (of the same live performance) together?