View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 08:23 AM

Default Re: Has anyone tried Pro Tools 2021.7 on the Monterey Betas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiot View Post
The problem is that you can turn TB4 in to an HDMI connector, a USB A connector a USB c connector and an Ethernet connector but you can't turn HDMI in to a TB4 connector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I understand your point. You guys are the edge cases wanting to convert HDMI back to TB. The point is HDMI is everywhere. To refer to it as legacy does not reflect what's happening in the market. Widespread adoption of TB video is not a thing now. Not consumers and not pros. A majority of pro video gear has either HDMI, SDI or both. Some have TB connections. In pro apps TB is largely used for data transfer but not so much production video once you're off an editing station. I've yet to see a TB display in a truck or control room.

There is a good chance that 2110 and/or NDI will be the standards for pro interoperability (in some places they are now) rather than TB video. Once more Win PC manufacturers start making TB video a thing and lower end/cost displays support it could (likely will) supplant HDMI on the desktop but that's not the case now. Apple made the right call including HDMI even at the expense of a TB port.