View Single Post
Old 05-07-2022, 05:39 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Stopped Receiving A Signal From Digital Piano But Was Working Fine Befo

Hi, thanks for the speedy replies Darryl And Ben.
I think I've tried what you said Ben. I've posted a screenshot but still I am not getting a sound.
Hi Darryl first of all I have apologised, replied and said thank you to The Weed and Albee for taking the time to try and help me out. Life has been a bit all over the place over the past year!

In response to "You "loaded up a track?" You mean you opened a session? or project?". Yes I loaded up a session.
And yes I am very lost in trying to find a fix.
As you said, I've created a completely new session, loaded up an Instrument Track, loaded up Mini Grand and still I am not getting any response from the digital piano. I can however play notes on Mini Grand's user interface using the mouse and I do get a signal and sounds.

Its hard to explain. I've spent hours on end trawling through the forums and technical help pages, avid/duc/reddit/gears and many others trying to find anything that sounds relevant that may help me in finding a solution to the problem. I started with the basics on the Avid website; making sure you have Midi Thru ticked, making sure you have Default Thru Instrument: first selected MIDI track in preferences set, all the basic stuff in the right place.

Yes "Digital Piano- 1 [Emulated](See screenshot) is listed and ticked in MIDI Input Devices.

There is one thing I am not sure about. In MIDI Studio Setup I cannot find the model of Yamaha digital piano I am using. Does this need to be set?
I'm cant remember if I had to set all this up or it just worked without having to add anything from a fresh PT install.

Thanks again

Kind regards

Kab :)