View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 04:16 AM

Default Re: Digi hardware - bizarre behavior - Digi you will lose this market share

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre67 View Post
Only an Digi Employee would say something like this, as a user you would share in our frustration as you would go through the same.
Um... no.

Not all of us are as frustrated as you. In fact, most of us get along just fine with what we've got. Most of us record at 48k, and most of us use LE. It doesn't mean there aren't others who share your frustration, but your accusations are unnecessary.

I like my 003R. I also like the fact that it only has 4 mic pres. The other 4 inputs are true direct, which means I can use other preamps and mixers for a variety of flavours. While 96k sounds great, it also uses double the disk space. When you have a session with 70+ tracks with hundreds of edits, this can make a session folder unnecessarily large, especially when you are working with something that is most likely not going to be any higher than 16/44.1. I only track at 96k when I am tracking say, vocals to go over existing music, or voice overs, or another similarly small session. In which case, I only need 1 or 2 mic pres.

I understand you're frustrated, but what exactly are you trying to get out of your Digi hardware? I still don't understand this, "The other guys do it, why doesn't Digidesign?!" attitude that has been surfacing on the forums these days. You bought your hardware full well knowing of it's capabilities and limitations... and if you didn't... how is this our problem? How is it Digidesign's problem? If you don't like your hardware, get something else. It's that simple.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515