View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Re: D-Command (Internal Talkback)

This has turned into a sega, after getting support for my d-command 24 (registering the product), i have a case open.

The UK Support team make me do the following checks:

- reset the main unit and fader unit
- reset the Xmon interface
- verify the external talk works (which is does perfectly)
- all the pinouts appear 100% on the standard stock 9pin serial cable from the main fader unit to the xmon interface.

Which is all very reasonable and basically shows that the only problem is the internal talkback.

Im being told at our expense and downtime I must send the unit away for repair, now, im a little concerned because obviously this is warranty issue, its not our fault, it came out of the box not working.

I was given very little information about third party repair, i wasnt told any details whatsoever, nothing.

- no idea about turn around
- no mention if onsite repair was a possibility
- no acceptance this is a hardware fault and digidesign is responsible,

Just be aware if you buying a d-comamnd or d-control the shocking lack of interest shown by the support team for customers costly interruptions to there business/considerable expense, most pi$$ed off with it, i'm small company with tight budgets and to get treated like we are having a problem with a £100 plugin, not a £20k desk just adds to the hassle this is causing.

-- Craig