View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 04:06 AM

Default Re: Is Clean My Mac X ok to use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundartsonline View Post
Wow Michael,

Thanks for the warning. Sorry for what you experienced. Is there another program you would recommend that wouldn't cause so many issues?

I like that it monitors what's going on with all the drives you have connected, but I definitely don't want to run the risk of issues.

See, this is why I ask ahead of time.

Interesting to note that some people find success with it. The real question that remains is what makes it work well for some and not for others, such as yourself. Perhaps it could not handle your particular system, not designed for certain types of complexities.

I don't like to hear that it was so difficult to uninstall. Yeah, that's not great.

Looking forward to your reply!

Lisa
I wouldn't use any so-called Mac optimizer program. They can remove too much and break things as a result. What little space you recover isn't worth the risk of corrupting your system. If a person like Michael Carnes is having problems you can only imagine the issues someone who isn't a computer geek can/would have.

Asa has been mentioned you're better off making regular clone backups and disconnecting said clone when done doing the deed. I use Carbon Copy Cloner on a weekly basis to make my backups/clones. Has aved my bacon on more than one occassion.

QAPLA!