View Single Post
Old 08-20-2022, 12:33 PM

Default Re: MIDI Quantize/Selection BUG 2022.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonatee View Post
A question to Mr.Gregory Ives:

Is there any incentive of fixing the midi timing of Pro Tools? The midi data is recorded early, and it messes up any performance. Are they taking Midi seriously at Avid? One could dream of a midi stable-reliable M1 native Pro Tools, that would be a comeback.....
No sure I understand the question, but I'm a proficient player so have not had a lot of trouble with that thru the years too be honest.. If you record in a a low buffer size that will help you. If you are doing it another way and are just quantizing it, then there some things to be aware of on any DAW. ProTools Midi has come a long way in my opinion. Even Olafur Arnald says it's light years from what it was, so a lot of what I hear on the midi side to me is just that some folks are used to too many options. I used to be a HUGE power user of Digital Performer and still use it sometimes. All of the DAW have their strengths. I know a lot of folks that like Cubase for midi and used to be big Live users, but had to switch to Cubase because of the limitations in Film arena.

There IS that new thing that is bugging a lot of people with the Quantizing that you can turn off. A couple of composer buddies of mine in LA did that. Also one of them uses VSL Pro for their interface with VI's.. I used to but found that my Templates are not that big and when I used that stuff it was creating bigger and bigger ones, so I don't use that anymore.
Sorry for the late response. I was doing a big project and took yesterday out of the room.

You can read about it here: Quantize Enhancements.

(Pro Tools Artist / Studio / Ultimate)
Quantize can “Follow Bars|Beats Grid”
Quantize MIDI events via key command, without needing to open the Event Operations Window
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...s?retURL=%2F_1
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS

Last edited by gives; 08-20-2022 at 12:34 PM. Reason: adding