View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 11:29 PM

Default Re: LE to HD quality difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt.Everest View Post
Seems like you spoke to soon huh? ha. I haven't seen a DUC'er along the lines of masterduk for a while! (sorry to single you out dude, but you are just out of your mind!) I wish i could remember some of the other members who used to hijack threads going back 10 years ago. It would be fun to create some kind of " Top 10 " list of the most annoying, unhelpful, damned-near-shocking-should-be-banned from the DUC, members with links to their posts and make it a sticky on the main page- " DO NOT INTERACT WITH THESE PEOPLE ".

I had it out with masterduk on another thread I started about Delay Compensation, where I was trying to learn, get some useful info, and all the helpful and friendly stuff that goes on here. And he was RELENTLESS. Actually forced me down to his troll-hole level with all the yelling and personal attacks! It got really comical. Talk about pointless and condescending! geez. (Though it was interesting to see HIM feeling condescended earlier in this thread. :) And whether he was right with some points or wrong on others, his, umm, ' extraordinary ' personality (i.e. beat up alot as a kid most likely) blared loud and clear.

Of course, this post right here will most definitely get the expected response from him. I can only giddily await it! Maybe something about how I like to sleep with my Apogee's at night. haha. ahhh well. What can ya do.

But I promise I won't fuel his fire. (aside from just this one itty bitty post)

I just really wish we could make a sticky to warn new members who to stay away from.

MT

ha. ha. you're still following me around, trying to get over it. looks like you haven't made much progress.

let's see. you're the genius that advised the original poster to waste money renting studio time to make his "big decision".

and i'll quote you, for comic effect:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtevrest
Bring the mics/non PT gear you use to a studio with HD for a day or two and mimic what you do day to day. (Even mimic the live room you normally record in)

Record, edit, edit more, do overdubs, pre-mix, edit more, record more, mix again, do that last minute OD just before you were ready to print you final mix.
hmm, i believe its safe to say that you've got issues.

look, man, anyone who cannot immediately realize, after checking out the readily available information, that a pro tools hd system is a league above an le system probably doesn't belong in the business.

and your comment to "everyone", to the effect that, "hey, if what you have works for you, then its all good" is also a load of b.s.

but you would need a level of actual integrity, and competence to understand that its not just about "whatever works".

murder "works".

but that doesn't mean its a good idea.

its about what is good for the art, the advancement of excellence, encouraging and employing the best possible delivery medium, and things of that nature.

its not about arguing like an imbecile to defend some mediocre converter box you bought because you didn't know any better.

but you don't get that. instead, you intentionally cripple a pro tools hd system by using cheap, crappy converters [actually bypassing the better digidesign interface, just to reduce the quality of your audio].

yeah, brilliant. right on, man.

and then, from high atop your "mountain" of confusion, you try to present yourself as some sort of "advisor" to the others, and you try to make fun of me. like your whistling in the dark so you won't be afraid.

how's rosetta? holding up?