View Single Post
Old 12-23-2002, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Yamaha synth>MIDI Channels>Pro Tools.......Yamaha user\'s LOOK!!

Hey accension thanks for the continuing help!!

Re: Ok, I don't think this thing could be any more complicated. I can now appreciate your frustrations. What a headache!
Oh yeah one hell of a headache!!!!!

Re:- Are you using traditional MIDI leads hooked up to the Digi001, or are using a USB cable hooked up to your Mac?
I am using a traditional MIDI hook up involving the in/out scheme

Re:- From what I can decipher, you don't want to be in "Performance" mode, or at least be wary of how it's allocating MIDI channels, as this mode seems to layer four sounds together on the one MIDI channel (or played together from the keyboard).
I'm in seq/play mode.I got that much from the manual.

Re:If I work it out, I'll let you know. Mind you, it's a bit hard without the synth in front of me. Please post and let me know if you work it out too.

Yeah i kinda figured it would be hard to help w/out the actuall synth there.And i will DEFINITELY post once i get this thing up and running....Also i can't wait to be able to help someone else through this.

Re:Cleft

Yeah i tried following those instructions but it's like they purposly lead you to the edge of a cliff and then leave you hanging there....Hello what is the next step exactly?....I hate when manuals do this crap to there users.If i was familiar with yamaha manuals maybe that would fly but i am a NEW unexperienced user!

Re:Also, make SURE that in the S90 is set to recieve ALL 16 MIDI channels in your OMS Studio Setup (simply check all the boxes).
Did that!

Re:The OUTPUT of the ProTools MIDI tracks (defined by a channel) need to match the channel RECIEVED by the S90. So start with setting up one or the other. Follow the instructions in your manual on pg.80-81 to setup each "part" on your synth.

Part 1 = piano patch (or whatever)
RecieveCh = Channel 1

Part 2 = flute patch
RecieveCh = Channel 2

Part 3 = bass patch
RecieveCh = Channel 3
Here'in lies the problem,making the synth do just that.

Thanks,i'll post as soon as i experiment for a few more hours [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]