View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 05:55 PM

Default Re: AES Update for Pro Tools 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Not likely general. Avid has a license called Live Sound Production Toolkit that enables S6L 128 i/o record/playback. Maybe this feature is linked to it?
Different thing entirely, I think. The Dolby Atmos Bridge is a software-based coreaudio device that comes with the Dolby Atmos production suite. Think of it like a really fancy sound flower or audio jack application that lets you send audio from Pro Tools straight to the Dolby Atmos software renderer and back again.

The problem with the original implementation is that you can only choose the Dolby Atmos Bridge OR HDX... not both. If you choose HDX, Pro Tools delay compensation stops working as the audio leaves and reenters Pro Tools via a plugin. It is a bit of a corker, particularly considering how complex routing can become with Dolby Atmos.

This new update is incredible in that regard. It streamlines the process immensely by allowing HDX and the Dolby Atmos Bridge to exist side by side.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12. OSX 13.2. Win 10. HDN. DAD DX-32R. DADman 5.3.4.2. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Sync HD. Dolby Mastering Suite 3.7.2 via RME HDSPe MADI.