View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 02:06 PM

Default Re: AIR Hybrid 3 randomly playing back wacky & sustained

Thanks for the confirmation on not having problems with Hybrid 3.
I mentioned Hybrid specifically to see if any others have experienced this.
I'm going to check to see if it happens with any other Hybrid presets. I think I recall it happening when using other soft lead sounds.
Then again, it's happened with ANA 2.5 during editing/playback.
Never happens with my bass & drum VI's though.

The sustain issue happens when I stop playback and the fluttering (trilling) happens during playback.
Not every time but whenever I get into the groove playing back my edits (adding and adjusting note duration).

I'm getting adept at quickly deactivating/reactivating the plugin and resuming normal playback.
But the sudden sustain after stopping playback is really annoying.
I'm almost done editing and can commit to audio soon. Hopefully, it doesn't commit that way.
I've had that happen once before too.

Update: After re-installing H3 the same issue inevitably occurred but I read a thread with a similar sustain issue with VI's in PT.

While there was no mention of a surefire solution to prevent it, the key is to re-start playback again at the point the issue starts (varies while editing) and allow it to play through that point.
That's a lot quicker way than deactivating & reactivating the VI every time.

That said, I'm almost done editing so it's happening less & less.

Pro Tools Studio 2022.7|Windows 10 22H2|Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen)|Dell Inspiron 3650|Intel i5 6th gen|16GB RAM|Samsung T5 SSD's|Hitachi|Touro HDD

Toontrack EZdrummer 3|Steven Slate Drums 5.5 + Blackbird Studio EX|Spectrasonics Trilian|Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6

Waves|SSL Native|Fabfilter|Softube|Soundtoys|Nomad Factory

Last edited by take77; 06-19-2023 at 07:27 PM.