View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 02:33 AM

Default Re: Hang when Freezing audio track

I know this is supposed to be for windows users but I am having exactly the same issue with my MACBOOK PRO 16" M1 16 GB RAM MAC OS Monterey with Pro Tools running on Rosetta. Every time I freeze and no matter which plugin I use it hangs and I have to Force Quit and restart. I believe this is a bug in PT 2022.12 and has nothing to do with plugins or the OS being used.

I will try and use your option of 'Save Copy In' to see if it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriTait View Post
The track that has been causing the most problems does not have any plugins on it - so I doubt that is the issue.
But I did try a 2nd Save Copy In... to a 3rd copy of the session. And the issue went away - at least so far. So perhaps it was a corrupt session.
So my issue is fixed for now... But I am interested in your thinking about Freeze and Commit?
-- Why do you say that Freeze is not a great idea in the real world? In theory, it appears to be the ideal solution to conserve resources in larger sessions - Unfreezing tracks to work on them then Freezing them again before moving on to other tracks - across multiple editing sessions. Is it that you find it too unreliable - especially across Session Closes?
-- In contrast Commit requires that you manage 2 tracks for every Commit - keeping the pre-Commit track inactive until you need to make it active again?
-- And I have noticed that Commit Offline (which is very similar to Freeze) can also be flaky?