View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 02:11 AM

Default Re: External Preamp Placement 003 / Control 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 433byron View Post
Where is the best placement in order to use an external preamp when using a 003 Rack combined with the Control 24. Should I take the Protools out cable before going into the 003 rack using a patchbay for preamp selection and then introduce the preamp or should I simply run my booth mic directly into the external preamp via the patchbay and then xlr cable out from each external preamp into a chosen xlr mic input path on the back of the Control 24? Running 8.0 LE - 003 Rack, Digimax FS with three external possible choices in Preamps. I would also like to know where the Antares AVP-1 should be introduced in the path as well - Thank you
Hi,

If using an external preamp, then route the signal out from preamp directly into the 003 interface using the "line in" not the mic xlr inputs. As the signal coming from the preamp will be line level.

Does the Digimax fs have digital outputs? if so then you could route the digital output from the Digimax to the digital input on the 003.

No need to route through the control 24 at all. always use the most direct route to your interface!!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.