View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 09:46 PM

Default Re: NEW "Free" DMG EQ - EQuick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjguitar View Post
It's amazing! A little buggy at first, fine tuning adjustments aren't working too well. I can't seem to find a way to manually type in numbers for gain/freq, etc. Also it's not mapping to the D-Control center section yet. I hope that happens soon, as I do most of my EQing on the center section. It really is beautiful, and probably the most flexible EQ I've run into yet. Can't really say how it sounds yet, but if it's anything like Equality, it'll be amazing. Very similar to Fabfilter Pro-Q (which I own), but in many ways I'm liking it better.
Yeah, I've been working with it today - really cool interface, but I also am finding it a bit fiddly; typing in numbers sort of works, but you can't see a text entry box, and you're just as likely to accidentally create a new band as get the entry box when double-clicking... Also, parameter values keep disappearing when I'm trying to read them and I have to keep moving the mouse about to see what the settings are. If they can sort out some of the GUI touchy-ness it's gonna be great. Fab-filter's got this type of interface wired, but Equick is more powerful I think.

best,
rich

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6