View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Cleaning up guitar parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbrenner View Post
Hey all, back again, this time with editing questions.

We have multiple guitar tracks on our file. It's basically 2 tracks that are doubled and a unique track per guitar player (6 tracks all together). This particular question, I am asking about a section which only one guitarist is playing (3 guitar tracks, 2 identical). On the 2 identical tracks, for some reason, some of the eighths are swung. I did a little fixing on the unique track and it's sounding great. When you play all 3 together, it's muddy as all get out (some notes are swung and some are straight).

On top of this, when I go to polyphonic->warp, only very few of the notes are reading as attacks (or whatever it's called where you get the line). Maybe 1 per measure. I've been trying to guess where all the notes are, but it's really hard, and I'm not getting it after a few hours of messing with this 30s section. Is there a better way to do this? Re-recording isn't an option, unfortunately.

Edit:
The notes should be straight eighths throughout the section, it's roughly 210 bpm.
Are there any repeating parts that are ok? It seems plugins won't help here. Usually in such cases I cut everything bad and replace with good from different repetition. When you have double tracks, you have more material, so it is easier.