View Single Post
Old 06-06-2004, 07:29 AM

Default Re: HELP Security and insurance for personal studio

Hi there,

About two years ago or so I suddenly stood before some uninvited being in my place. Fortunately, I had been home. The thought afterwards shocked me lastingly. Imagening that what you had put your last cents into, gear, work, fun all gone within a single day. And the police I figured already wouldnīt give a [bleep] about your case, unless you belonged to privileged circles.

In a short, it would had all be gone for ever and I would had been hit in the guts.

Anyway, I insured afterwards. Here is what I thought to be remmarkable:

First of all like usually the print in small letters.
Beware of under insurance! At least over here the companies have a totally unlogical and unfair habit. If under insured they would reimburse only the insured amount minus the amount of value you had in there extending the contracts volume. ( Sorry for my stupid English.)

Absolutely absurd, but they do what they can to take in your cash and give out less than you deserve and the law doesnīt hesitate to support this sort of cheat.

SO, check out your rigs value thoroughly before contract. In my case e.g. when the agent asked on the phone whether 51,000.00 Euros covering would be enough I replied "Oooh, thatīs plenty!"
After the contract had been set up I counted through the rig and found it to be already over 55,000.00 and yet all the other stuff like stereo with big speakers and instruments ( and booth ), not to speak of following purchases not even included.

Consequently, what Iīm saying is, donīt do it like me, calculate your values first, donīt trust your quick-glance estimation.

Iīm paying around 150 Euros per year now, but will have to upgrade.

Cheers,

Lalaman

PS: And I got me an additional lock on my door.