View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 10:51 AM

Default Re: MBOX Studio problem: crackling noise when booting up

I understand the OP doesn't appreciate the pops...

However, I so determinedly expect pops from interfaces going on and off I ALWAYS turn my amp and speakers off when rebooting/booting computer and interfaces.

So, I expect pops. This doesn't seem like a problem. Leaving the speakers on seems like the problem. The fact other interfaces and other computers in other AC conditions didn't behave exactly the same doesn't change my mind for a second about the order of powering up devices.

So what is the problem exactly other than not liking pops when not leaving the speakers off when you should do so according to standards of practice for such equipment?

It's kind of like "it hurts when I do this" --- "so stop doing that." The pops don't occur when the speakers are off, correct? Hence the practice.

"You should always expect quiet and few pops" is not my answer, anyway.
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //