View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 08:56 AM

Default Re: I feel so dirty now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
The perpetual license is only good for updates for the first year anyway. After that you would still have to subscribe to an update plan to stay current. I had a perpetual license for PT 11, and Avid capped it off at 11.3 anyway (note that they spcifcally excluded those of us who already had a license for PT 11 from downloading 11.3.2. In order to move forward I had to get on a plan of some sort.
Same here. Can't say I'm not enjoying the new features, but the whole upgrade plan/licensing fiasco has left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm seriously considering transitioning to Studio One this year.(I'm a Digi fanboy since 1998)

My rear end is still sore from not receiving the 11.3.2 update after upgrading from 10-11($299) based on AVID's assurance that I would be eligible for all dot releases...

But for now, I'll take advantage of 12 and know my costs are capped long enough to get in the new DAW.

Bummer is my buddy missed the $599 HD upgrade at his place, and probably won't go for it at $999, so with him on 10 and me on 12, a lot of the trading back and forth we do will be tricky now.....