View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 12:37 AM

Default Re: recorded audio files are completely empty after restart of session

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
So the audio files play silent outside of Pro Tools as well? So silent when played back with Preview in Finder?

What format are these files? Do the audio files seem like they are the correct size?

What happens if you duplicate the files in Finder and then play them? I had a weird issue recently where a regular 24bit file created in PT wouldn’t open in Izotope RX but converting it to 32bit float allowed it to work as expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The source files (that are recorded to the project audio files folder) are silent in Finder as well yes. The clips are in .wav format and a 4 second audio clip would be 0,5MB which looks fine to me.
The issue now got even more mysterious... To have backups of the recorded clips I exported those right after recording (with "export clips as files"). I could listen to those in Finder and now even those are silent!!

Duplicating doesn't change anything, still silent.
Would you then convert it to32bit with another software because as mentioned the clips in my PT session are silent and exporting them in another format doesn't work either....