View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 09:27 PM

Default New XMON user, help please

Hi,
I recently bought an used D-Command ES 24 with XMON.

The XMON version I received is an AVID S6 XMON, for AVID S6 Control Surface.
It was shipped in original box with nearly all accessories and the registration card with the serial number.

The problem is that I didn't receive the 15-pin to 15-pin XMON Control cable but only the XMON Control Breakout Adapter,
which is a 15-pin to MIDI IN, MIDI OUT, XLR and 1/4 TRS adapter.

So, my questions are:

1) Does this S6 XMON version is well compatible with the D-Command ES when it is directly connected with a 15-pin to 15-pin XMON Control cable ?

I ask this because the 15-pin connector pinouts numbering are different in the AVID D-Command ES Manual and in the AVID S6 XMON EUCON Manual.

(See attachments below) : RS422 IN/OUT are not connected and Headphones L/R are reversed.

2) What is the good pinouts numbering if I buy a custom made 15-pin to 15-pin cable ?

3) Can I use two XMON Control Breakout Adapters instead of a 15-pin to 15-pin cable ? (D-Command ES <-> Breakout Adapter <-> regular cables <-> Breakout Adapter <-> XMON)

I can't find any Audio Specifications for the S6 XMON,

4) What is the maximum level in dBu for the MAIN Inputs and MAIN Outputs ?

5) What is the impedance in Ohms for the MAIN Inputs and MAIN Outputs ?

6) What is the Noise Floor level in dBu at unity gain at the MAIN Outputs ?

7) Does the signal path for all inputs to any outputs remain strictly analog ? Is there an additional latency ?

Thanks for any help,
Loudy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D-command Manual.JPG (49.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg S6 XMON EUCON Manual.JPG (53.8 KB, 0 views)
192 I/O |