View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 07:57 AM

Default Re: Audient Sumo Summing Amp with 002 Rack?

hey, ken.

I had the opportunity to use one of the dangerous 2bus summers, and I really loved it. The thing to remember about the summers is that you have to have excellent converters to and fro (i think thats what the post above was trying to say.), as any da to ad conversion will degrade your sound. We were using 2 of the rme fireface units into various outboard gear, and thru the 2bus. I will say that in my opinion, the music WE were pushing thru it sounded bigger, badder.. etc.
The big "unseen" problem with 2bussing is that unless you are recording BACK into Protools( which would mean same sample/bitrate...not a good idea), you need a nice meter after the summing unit. Those units can take WAY more signal than us digital folks are used to!

As with just about any other piece of gear, its a trade off... I'd say if you have outboard gear you'd like to incorporate, than by all means YES. If you want your mixes to just sound "better", I would start with clocking/converters as the previous post mentions..
Hope this helped!

dubhausdisco
002 6.9
P4 2.4 1 Gb