View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 11:48 PM

Default Re: New Macs introduced! New Imac, Mac Mini, 13" Retina Macbook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Sorry to hi-jack your post but just had to say Awesome song you linked to in your info to soundcloud!!! Listened to it 10 times and it is really nice!!
(Hooked on you) Nice job!

And a question for everyone here:

We need a new mac asap as our mac pro is a v.1.1 with dual core processors and it is only 4 cores to use so we need something way better fast!? Do we buy a new macbook pro 2012 or a used one with more specs? Or a Retina pro for 2999 bux that some ppl here says is the "best computer in the world" .. ?

Any ideas?
Chris
A new, full sized Macbook Pro is your best bet for power and longevity if you want to go the laptop route. Less expensive than the Retina with the same specs, and you can swap out the drives if you're so inclined. Has more in the way of onboard I/O as well.

Speculation points to 1st quarter for new Mac Pros if you can wait that long.

Otherwise, there is always the 'hackintosh' route that I, and several others here have gone... and may never come back.

I do empathize with those still running a 1,1 though. Apple's neglect is showing, and it's not helping their former image as a company committed to products that cater to the creative professional.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515