View Single Post
Old 12-24-2021, 05:32 AM

Default Re: Routing Live Re-Renders from Dolby Atmos Production Suite into Protools HDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
Is is the requirement for 64+ channels that keeps you using DAB? If you can get away with 64 or less channels to the renderer, DVS does work quite well in my experiences with it. Whatever additional latency it has is hugely offset by not running HDX through core audio. It is something like 4ms vs 17ms for the latter.
Yes and no. I mean, since the DAPS allows to use the DAB for input, instead of Send/Return plugins, with proper clocking and also allows that the output be HDX, it simplifies the workflow as I can feed the physical HDX card digilink outputs directly into the MTRX via DADMan and enable it as source inputs to the loudspeaker monitoring of the room.

Regarding the 64 channel limit using DVS, the DAB also allows for the full 128 channels plus TC on channels 129 or 130, so if working with multiple beds/objects having the full channel count is great. Iīm only using DVS to route the Loudness live re-render into Protools via Source Nexus so that I can use other loudness analysis tools such as Nugen VISLM or Izotopeīs Insight 2 and eventually if needed, to print any of the live re-renders, although I can do that offline on the renderer and import later on a PT session for QC, pre delivery.

So thatīs it basically.

Paulo M

MAC Studio MAX M1_64 GB RAM_1TB SSD_MAC OS Ventura

Protools Studio 2024.3