View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 02:01 PM

Default Re: HD Native cant Update Firmware after installing PT9.0.5 Update

Victory!!!

So after a week of having the studio gathering up dust, i've finally fixed the firmware issue!

I ended up mounting a Mac OS X 10.6.6 Bootable image with a PT9.0.5 on an external Firewire drive. Then i went to a friend who has a MacPro computer and made the firmware update without any hassle.

So my conclusion is Windows computers CAN'T do the HD Native Firmware updates (as weird and nonsense as it may sound).

If it helps you Avid Tech Support guys, i did noticed a peculiar thing while attempting uselessly to reset the firmware under Windows.

According to this procedure:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=409375

The HD Native card LEDs SHOULD blink in a different way after the computer has been restarted as stated in step No. 7

Quote:
After the computer has Restarted, the LED on the front side will remain blinking every second. The LED on the back side of the board will have a solid light followed by a quick 1/4 second flash.
however when trying to reset the card in the PC the LEDs kept blinking in the same state as described in step No. 5.

Quote:
Press the small button on the card a second time. The LED on the back side of the board will continue to flash every second and the LED on the front side of the board should come back on and blink every second.
Although the studio is up and running im working with only one processor because HD Native has CPU Clock issues and i get -9092 errors, which are only fixable by turning off one of the processors.

Hope this helps for future catastrophes.

Oh i Forgot,
Quote:
Would you possibly be able to move the card to a different slot and try 9.0.3 again? When you're doing an uninstall - are you making sure that the cards are completely uninstalled from the Device Manager?
Yes the Z200 has 2 PCIe slots and I did tried reseting the card in both slots with no different result.
Yes I did a full Uninstall including uninstall from device manager, I even formated my PC from scratch and reinstalled PT9.0.3 with the same result.

Last edited by Aditu; 09-02-2011 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Additional Info