View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Different Arrangements - How To?

All viable suggestions from experienced users.

I took note that you're not referring to a finalized mix.
However, you could still bounce a starter arrangement that includes all the sections to a stereo track, split the sections (tab to transient if not to the grid) and employ shuffle mode.
That would enable you to switch the parts around on a separate "arrangement" track.*

Then use the playlist option on the arrangement track to switch between versions.

Even though your initial arrangement has all the original marker placements, you can name each clip after splitting the stereo bounce into each section.

Right now I'm doing this with an extended version that includes all possible sections. Everything is just a MIDI representation of each part measured on the grid. That way I can easily split the bounced stereo track at each section before shuffling.

Each full section is now available to shuffle, duplicate or omit so I can get an a feel for a few different arrangements on a single track & create a new playlist for each version.

Just a way to work temporarily until you establish a more official arrangement. Then you can start a new session with a specific vision in mind.
Having a more "measured" session template (according to tempo & grid) will enable you to split, shuffle and use the cut/insert time option more precisely should you decide on any changes.
As well as create and arrange grouped playlists & folder tracks from the start.

*If the tabbed transitions of your shuffled arrangements glitch because of not being grid aligned, select the adjacent clips, open the Fade options and apply the default cross-fade value of 10ms.

Pro Tools Studio 2022.7|Windows 10 22H2|Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen)|Dell Inspiron 3650|Intel i5 6th gen|16GB RAM|Samsung T5 SSD's|Hitachi|Touro HDD

Toontrack EZdrummer 3|Steven Slate Drums 5.5 + Blackbird Studio EX|Spectrasonics Trilian|Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6

Waves|SSL Native|Fabfilter|Softube|Soundtoys|Nomad Factory

Last edited by take77; 12-08-2022 at 01:53 AM.