View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 07:19 AM

Default Re: June update - hybrid info

So I don't know about current HDX as I went from LE to HD Native to Carbon Hybrid

But as far as Carbon Hybrid operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
What happens when you engage DSP Mode on a track on a Carbon system that doesn't have input monitoring or record armed?
Not sure I understand the question But what happens is the track goes into DSP mode and is running on the HDX chips, regardless of being record or input monitoring armed or not .

Quote:
For what it's worth, I think the same DSP plugin before native plugin trick still applies with the Hybrid engine. If you toss a DSP trim plugin before your native plugins, the native plugins won't be bypassed when the channel is record/input armed.
Assuming that's how it works on current HDX ??
Then no that is not what happens with Carbon DSP Hybrid
With Carbons current Hybrid implementation,,, It is a one or the other not both, on any single track

In Carbon while you can have a mix of tracks in the same session some in DSP mode and some in Native mode,,,,,,,,, BUT on any single track if in DSP mode, any Native mode only plugins ( not AAX-DSP capable) will be bypassed, regardless of order, does not matter if you put a DSP trim plugin first.

So to recap
#1 On a track that is put into in DSP mode any Native plugins (already on the track before being put into DSP mode) will be bypassed.... And when a track is already in DSP mode you can't put a Native only plugin on it , the only plugin selections you have are DSP capable plugins

#2 On a track put into in Native mode all plugins will be switched to Native mode

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 06-06-2021 at 10:19 AM.