View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 12:25 AM

Default Re: S3 or D-command?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruk View Post
Hey Guys,
I've got the change to buy a second hand D-Command (blue)with a fader pack for about €6000 excl tax, and I really like the D-command.
But I'm having doubts because the D-command will not be working with new versions of Protools in the future because it's already officialy not supported anymore. As the Avid S3 is about €4000 excl tax I'm not sure what to buy. What would you recommend? How long do you think the D-command will be working with Protools?
D-Command will be working as long as you don't upgrade to a version that won't support it. And there will be no software feature worth sacrificing D-Command. Only S6 with the latest software is becoming a reasonable alternative to a fantastic D-Command. S3 would be a huge downgrade. I've worked on both, and I like both.

Watch this video. It is just scratching the surface of how great D-Command is and will be for many more years: http://apps.avid.com/events/webinars...th-webcam.html

PS.: Avid will likely remove the video at some point, as it advertises a product that competes with S6 and is available at very low prices on eBay
Mac Mini i7 2018,
Reaper DAW,
Presonus Faderport,
Arturia Beastep for DAW control,
Former Pro Tools HD user (from V7 until V12.6).