View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 06:34 AM

Default License Error - Software Component Unavailable installing iLok License Manager

I just paid an annual renewal for Upgrades (I skipped the support option thanks), now I come to install my latest exciting version of the same old same old from 12.6 to 12.7 and guess what, surprise surprise, it won't work.

License Error - Pro Tools Perpetual

The software required to validate the license for this product is not running. Please reinstall the product or download and run the iLok License Manger installer here:
http://www.ilok.com

So I follow the instructions, but now my iLok won't work:

Software Component Unavailable

A background component required for iLok License Manager seems to be unavailable. If rebooting does not fix this issue, please visit iLok.com and download and run the latest Licence Support Installer.
---

So I try everything I can think of, de-install PT 12.7 and revert to 12.6, re-install iLok...nothing works.

So I then go on a hunt to find some tech support...sorry bud everyone is out on Christmas.

So I then have run a WHOLE SYSTEM BACKUP to get my WIN 10 O/S back to where I was at before I spent my £88 annual upgrade, many, many frustrating hours ago, having had zero musical productivity as an Xmas bonus. And then repeat the WHOLE process, to no avail.

So I then ring AVID UK support. After a number of highly irritating irrelevant messages I am put on hold...so I hold, and I h-o-l-d...yawn looks like Santa has dragged em all out the office to the local boozer.

"Dear Santa. Please may I have a brand new DAW next Christmas that is fairly priced, free of stupid elfs and troglodytes and other nasty little problems that destroy my creative process instead of enhance it? I have heard the Harrison Mixbus is a very nice one.

Alternatively could you get a nice man at AVID Forums to tell me how to get this new version to install, or at least get me a refund of my Updates Plan and I'll stick with 12.6 as I was quite happy that it at least worked for a few weeks, even if it was a pain to originally install, as all the updates for the last 10 years have been.

Many thanks, Christopher.

ps I pwomise to be good and stop swearin' in the New Year".
--
Right. Now I have to go through the WHOLE pain of zapping my whole OS and re-install it from an AOMEI backup I luckily made before I attempted another AVID upgrade, put the kettle on, wait 6 hours, then tonight just maybe I can get some MUSIC DONE.

Merry Christmas ya'll