View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 10:54 AM
Avid

Default Re: Bought a Carbon. Now what?

Hey my friends...

1 - Can I register my Carbon without the Activation Card that came with it?

No. Send me a private message with the SN on the bottom and we should be able to recover it though.

2 - What if I already have an existing Pro Tools license?

When you register Carbon, if you have an PT Studio or Ult (the two tiers that support Carbon) active Subscription or Perpetual (still under support), you will receive a notification that the PT Ult Perp activation has been placed into Products Not Yet Downloaded so you can choose how you would like to move forward.

If you want the added features of PT Ult, you can activate it right then n there.

If you want to let your active PT lapse and then activate the Ult, you can do that too.

3 - What do I do when my PT Ult Perp contract lapses?

Ideally whatever you like. You can let it lapse and just use the PT Ult without the plugins or support. You can renew the PT Ult Perp support contract. You can get a new PT Studio Sub if the value of the Perp didnt meet your needs.

4 - Can I sell the PT License that came with Carbon?

No. The Pro Tools license that came with Carbon cannot be separated and sold... the PT Studio Perp Parachute for some of you and the PT Ult Perp license for others.

If you were an early adopter and you received a PTU Perp to ensure you were receiving the same value as current purchases, there is nothing preventing you from parting ways with the license. However we'd of course like it if you used them since they were intended for you.

I THINK that covers most of the confusion here.

m
Professional Audio Systems

For immediate assistance:
Pro Tools & Eucon Surfaces - +1 888-456-3444
Venue Support - +1 978-275-2557

Find out how to create, manage, and edit cases online now HERE
It's fast, easy, and effective!