View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Folders from PT copying themselves automatically onto external HD. Why ?

Here’s my entire system :
In Applications I have several sub-folders associated with PT environment :
-AIR Music Technology (Boom, Common, DB-33, Mini Grand, Strike, Structure, tmp, Xpand!2). Strangely, I purchased a full version of Structure, but I am unable to use it (???). I can only use Structure Free. I paid these $$$ for a full version and now I can’t even use it :-( IMHO it’s idiotic and just a bad business practices. I was only able to use Structure full version for like 2 years, and after I updated PT to 10 it no longer allowed me to use full version. Instead it has been replaced with Structure Free. Why did they even sell Structure full version, if one cannot use it is beyond me...
-AVID (AIR Content (Strike library), Application Manager, Avid Link, Licenses, m)
-Avid 003 Family app. (Do I even need it for anything ?)
-Avid Uninstallers
-Pro-Tools app.
-Sibelius app.

In Documents folder I have
- Pro-Tools 6i6 setting 6i6
-Avid (with GrooveCell sub folder)
-Pro-Tools ( with all those folders that copy themselves onto my external HD).

Everything is on
Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Avid
Macintosh HD > Users > Abbey Road 60s. Battery 4 and so on...I guess these are Native Instruments folders. Why do they install themselves like that I have zero idea...

That concludes anything associated with AVID and PT on my system.
I still don’t know why the PT copies those folders from Documents onto external HD...