View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 04:06 AM

Default How can I navigate between navigation points efficiently

I have been given several PT projects to work on. Each is several hours long. There's a vocal track in each project with an EQ that is bypassed but for a few hundred points on the track.

The vocal track is being re-recorded word for word and so I will need to reposition the automation points. (And quickly.)

First, I need to find a way to hop from automation point to automation point so that I don't have to scroll back and forth to spot them. I also want to ensure I don't miss any. As such, I'm looking for a shortcut to skip to the automation points to the left or right of the play position. What's the quickest way to navigate from automation point to automation point?

I also need to find the best way to reposition automation points. With the multi-tool, I see that I can drag the automation points one at a time. It would be better if I could drag two a time so to change the point at which the bypass is on/off in one click. Can I do that? Is there a quicker way?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm completely new to PT and I'm not finding the interface as intuitive as I assumed it would be.