View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Promo for perpetual license holders

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Yes that is my understanding also . Not sure when exactly , but I do remember Avid announced that was going to happen well in advance of the date it came into effect.

Thing is, honestly I don't see a significant issue per se ???
Since it was you who let it lapse, you were apparently ok with it being frozen at the version you were on in 2020...........

You seem to be exactly who this promo is targeted at. You can still keep and be able to use your frozen perpetual version But you will also be able to subscribe to a current subscription update/support plan for $100 less than if you were to have kept current and renewed a (non lapsed) perpetual upgrade/support plan , at least for the first year,,, and then you can continue to subscribe at the same price as renewing a non lapsed perpetual upgrade/support plan (ergo I don't see an issue)

The only difference of course is your perpetual will not be upgradeable which apparently seems to be the choice you made in 2020 ,,,understanding I may not know your entire specific story, is you choosing to let it expire the situation ? Or am I missing something ?

BTW back in the day the Captain of my ski team had a brand new 64 GTO what a cool car .
When I let it lapse I figured that if I wanted to renew it would cost effective to purchase a new perpetual license rather that pay 200 a year for what had been only 99 a year and very little upgrade for many years. I still think it's a better deal for me to do it that way. That is my path to upgrade. I just think that Avid may eventually do away with a perpetual product period. That's what I would find difficult.
For now I can choose 200 a year support or every three years buy a new license, which is the way I prefer. More time spent recording, less time spent upgrading and/or learning what has changed.

But for 100 bucks to spend a year trying the new stuff without surrendering my license? That's a good deal IMO, the problem is I still haven't got a "unique avid store promo code" on my products yet.

PS My GTO is in the garage. Didn't buy it new, got it in 1983. Third owner.