View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Intel vs. AMD for Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Again to avoid confusion, all Ryzen CPUs chips have PCIe *3* lanes off the CPU itself.

But Good point on ThreadRipper, we need to be careful talking about it especially if AMD is really going to market that under the Ryzen brand.

Epyc is Naples, the server cousin of Ryzen, the potential economic damage that Naples could do to Intel just makes it very interesting to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As far as I know they're supposed to be different brands within the same architecture. The Epyc logo, a circle with the letters Epyc inside, is the same circle as the Ryzen logo, but with different colors. The letter font seems to be the same. We need to be careful indeed, so many new processors

Yes, my MSI B350 Tomahawk motherboard has 3 PCIe 3 slots But my point was that Intel's i9 are Threadripper/Epyc counterparts. Ryzen's counterparts are the i7's

Ryzen has already made so much damage to Intel, and we'll see with the new Threadripper and Epyc. This is just fantastic news for us users!!!
By the way, it's been leaked that the new i9 7980XE (18c/16th) will cost 1'999 USD. I'm sure the AMD counterparts will cost at least 300 USD less. So, again, fantastic news for us users ^_^

You can check Intel's new X/XE platform prices here:
https://elchapuzasinformatico.com/wp...aby-Lake-X.jpg