View Single Post
Old 11-17-2022, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Zebra 2 users - help please

I already had it, and got the extra soundsets for free. When I downloaded the bundle of installers, there is an "AAX Read Me". It says the following:

Quote:
ProTools users on Mac need to use our last v2.9.2 installer (see AAX Mac folder), as the latest v2.9.3 does not include an AAX version. As soon as ProTools and AAX have native ARM support, our next update will include a new AAX version again.

u-he team
Here is the Changelog in the regular Read Me:

Quote:
Changes in version 2.9.3
- Native support for Apple Silicon (M1)
- Support for Oddsound MTS-ESP
- Minimum SSE4.2 required in Intel/AMD based systems
- macOS: 32bit support discontinued
- Various minor fixes and improvements

Changes in version 2.9.2
- macOS Big Sur compatibility
- Soundset installer support
- Various browser improvements
- GUI fixes/tweaks, new Zebralette GUI
- various bug-fixes
So, really the only thing you're not getting with 2.9.2 is Apple Silicon native support... which is fine, because Pro Tools DOES not have a Native Silicon version yet (but it runs swimmingly well on Apple Silicon in Rosetta mode).

So, my advice... buy the deal. Download the package. Install Zebra2/HZ 2.9.2 for Pro Tools. Use it. Enjoy it. When Avid rolls out a Native Silicon version of Pro Tools, hold your breath, wait a few weeks, read the reports of early adopters, and then head over to the u-He site to get your free update to Zebra with Native Silicon AAX compatibility.

That's what I'm doing.

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro