View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Ozone 8 to Ozone 9 patch transition? (..& Izotope plugins in general)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ru_C View Post
Cheers for the reply..yeah I don't want or need Ozone 9, but it seems Ozone 8 isn't stable with Ultimate 2020.9.

Projects with Ozone 8 are at least recalling, but make Pro Tools unstable, so are not a long term solution.

..& this is the problem...I should imagine in a couple of OS updates time Ozone 8 will not load at all.

Compare this to (for instance) a stock AVID plugin, or even something like Sonnox inflator, or any of the excellent Stephen Massey range, where I can recall on old PT8 session & all the settings will load up just fine.
I agree with you regarding the iZotope business model. Seems they update about once a year or so and then abandon the older version. Leaving you hanging if you want to upgrade your DAW/OS and be able to open old sessions. I've gotten pretty selective about which of their products I purchase for that very reason. I recently did the upgrade from PT10 too and ran into some of these same problems. Thankfully, I've never depended on iZotope for anything major. I'm glad I didn't like Neutron and never bought it. I'm sure it would be a mess trying to bring old sessions back to life that are filled with that plugin in. I'm very cautious about which plugins I include in my template for these very reasons.

Like you said stock plugs-ins, Sonnox, and Massey always open and work like they always have for me.There is something nice about having tools that you know and trust that get the job done with out getting "improved" every year or two.