View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 10:13 PM

Default Re: New Eleven Rack user

1.)Did you buy this Eleven Rack NEW, from an authorized Avid dealer? Was the purchase recent? What version of Pro Tools was included?

If this was a new purchase and not a stock clearing deal, it should come with Pro Tools 10 and firmware 2.0.1 would be pre-installed.

The latest firmware is 2.0.1 and is also known as the ERXP or Eleven Rack eXpansion Pack, which includes several new amp/cab/effect models.

2.0.1 is a PAID upgrade for $99 US if you already had an Eleven Rack at the time of release or bought one around the time of the ERXP release. For over a year now, new 11R units have been shipping with the ERXP included (2.0.1 pre-installed on the unit)

Have you registered the unit with Avid yet? I only ask because sometimes Avid will give you a free upgrade to the ERXP and PT10 if you bought the unit new - even though you may not technically be eligible for the free upgrade.

2.) The delay is normal for the 11R. You just have to get the timing just right to avoid mistakes when playing live. Quicker patch switch time has been asked for by many, as well as things like delay spillover - we have not seen any action on this yet.

EDIT: Silly me, disregard the questions about "is it a new unit" I re-read your post and you state that it is a USED unit, I guess I missed that before I responded. Sorry. Either way, 2.0.1 is the latest/newest firmware version, and it is completely worth the $99 to upgrade the unit.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio