View Single Post
Old 01-15-2023, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Serato Pitch n Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
It's still surprising to me that they don't want to leverage their IP like most other companies. Hard to believe there wouldn't be a good ROI if they ported it. Everyone that already owns it would upgrade. They'd probably have to lower the price given the current plugin market isn't like it was 20 years ago. But still, it's sitting there waiting to be used.
While I agree with you in theory (and would REALLY like for them to update and support this plugin), I think a lot of people in this thread don't understand that Serato is a DJ hardware and software company, not a plugin company, and this plugin probably accounts for such an insignificant amount of their revenue that it may cost them more to support it than they are making from it.

In a very specific post-production bubble, PnT is super popular. But in the grand scheme, it's an extremely obscure plugin that probably has 1/1000 the purchases as even the most boutique music production plugins. They are in the business of DJ mixers, not plugins, and their IP is better served within the context of their hardware and DJ software, not as an individual plugin.