View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 09:07 AM

Smile Re: Venue SC48 and Pro Tools LE

Hello Jason,

I was so excited about the SC-48, because it dropped our church into contention for a digi console. I have looked into the issues facing an 18 channel recording and have already thought of creative ways to get around that. Though LE only records 18 tracks at once, it will play back 32. You could always route things in the analog world back to the console for training purposes. If all you needed were 8 more tracks, you could add the 16 channel output expansion card as well as the AVIOM A-Net expansion card to take care of you monitors, and ad 16 extra outputs for perhaps an LE rig that is piggybacked on to the Venue. I already have an existing LE 002 rack system and thought about using 8 more channels of recording and running 8 more pre fader/EQ outputs to that system and making it a slave to the SC-48. I would then run the outputs of the 002 back into the mixer and have 26 tracks of playback. Later you could import the remaining 8 tracks into the Venue session for mixdown. The total cost so far in my pricing puts the SC-48 with A-Net and 16 channel output option at $24,700, and that isnt even using any connections I have.

Thats what Im thinking about doing. Hope this may help.

PEACE
Paul