View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 07:31 AM

Default Re: Can I convert s/pdif to BNC word clock?

I have a Focusrite Octopre with an ADAT card which is connected to my Digi002 via ADAT. Originally or as standard the Octopre do not come with an ADAT card it is an expansion.
My Original Idea was to replace my Digi002 with the new C24, however I have discover that is not an option as it is just a controller which means I still have to have my Digi002 with NO real C24’s feature gain or even an expansion or any of the C24’s features as the limitation is the Digi002 as I would still have to connect to the Digi002 to use as Pro Tools still need to see a hardware unit so to speak which need to be connect for this to work which is a foolish option with NO again. My main reasons for wanting to upgrade to the New C24 is the limitation with exist in my Digi002 with the ADAT only supporting up to 48 KHz (ADAT). I some times wonder why these engineers seem to exclude common sense and or logic when deigning these hardware units. Or it this deliberate in terms of not bridging the gap between HD and LE.

Digi one day you will be forced to wake up and smell the roses, so to speak. With Yamaha owning Steinberg now a hardware software option will emanate simpler to Digi’s magic, which makes Digi’s sound so good (Software Hardware combination), will happen sooner than later, which will bring Yamaha up to HD and LE level. My main reason why I am a Pro Tools man is simply the sound, the end result of Pro Tools is still much better than the others, hence me eating up Gigi’s nonsense. Once Yamaha is coming to age, that just might be too late for Digi to do something about it.