View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Avid S3 suport plan clarification please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist PM View Post
You'll have access to EuControl without a support contract.

The issue is that your results may vary on legacy software as half of making S3 (and all EUCON devices) work well with DAWs is DAW specific development.

Most companies don't add new features to old releases, so any DAW's interoperability with EUCON will be dependent on their resource allocation to and deployment of the latest EUCON adapter.

We generally support the latest and previous release for testing and qualifications, but new features are only in the latest version.

JC
JC, that was never the case before with any of the controllers. Whether new features or bug fixes you did not need to be on a support plan.

I'm using a pro control that was made in 2005 and I've been using pro controls for the last 12 years, never had to pay a penny beyond the initial purchase.

I'm not buying any of this. Here is the irony, I had planned to buy an S3 in December, but now, no way!

I'm better off with D-Command and HD 11.

JC I get it, you are stuck between a Rock and a hard place. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't. I don't hold you accountable for any of this, I actually feel sorry for you as you've got to work for such a pathetic company. Actually I feel more sorry for myself, being loyal to this pathetic company, what's really sad, I'm going to continue to be loyal to the software. At least where I stand right now. That being said, I have no intentions of joining any support plan, we're upgrading beyond my current license, a ProTools HD 10/11.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp