View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 04:02 PM

Default Re: 3 Pro Tools issues making me do (& redo) what should be the simplest tasks of any

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
So i do a ton of midi and copy paste etc and never have these problems except 2, and I can tell you that it's because of quantizing and where the note starts. If you're working in grid mode and grab a bar, but the first note of that bar actually starts before beat one, then when you copy that bar that note gets left behind, which is why you need to drag to get it back.

As far as copying and everything gets messed up, i've never had this happen. To solve problem 2 you can quantize or grab before and after.

Obviously make sure you're not in shuffle mode when editing. But if you're not quantizing, then really the reason things are sounding off is that each time you duplicate if you're not grabbing in grid mode you could be moving things further away from the click. Esp for drums, quantize is your friend.
Thank you for the reply.

The main issue I'm having right now is trying to cut/insert a couple sections without having to realign everything at random locations.
Because of doing this simple task, I've just spent nearly an hour realigning all the note/chord shifts.

I'd just like to modify the section tempos, cut/insert at a few locations and move on.
Instead I've had to inspect every clip knowing that, sure enough, notes get shifted out of groove with other tracks.

Seriously, I had ONE 4 bar sustain section that I cut.
I never had this problem before PT12.
The simple task of cutting/inserting 1 bar = All of my MIDI tracks getting misaligned at various points in the timeline.

Before PT12, I could duplicate, cut/insert and change tempos without discrepancy. Basically, ANYTHING I could conceive I could achieve when I started using Pro Tools back in version 10/11.

None of these issues should happen to patterns drawn directly onto the grid or quantized patterns.
In fact, the reason I quantize is so I can identify the the misalignment that I know will happen.

As regards notes disappearing, it's usually the 1st note of the NEXT measure that disappears.
A quantized 8 bar copy should fit just right in a 8 bar space in grid/bar mode without going beyond.
This validates the whole point that something is not right under the hood and that the current versions can't seem to calculate or carry out the simplest task.

Last edited by take77; 05-14-2021 at 04:30 AM.