View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 07:23 AM

Default Re: Driver install issues with LE7 and MBOX 2 PRO

Well, I have some bad news for you. Well, Digidesign does, really, I'm just the messenger (and please don't shoot the messenger ).

Please read the Mbox2 Pro compatibility page carefully. Your bad news is located there.

Specifically:
Quote:
Please Note: Models that offer Intel Core 2 Duo laptop processors (codename Merom) are currently not officially supported or qualified with Digidesign products. Currently only the Intel Core 2 Duo desktop processors (codename Conroe) have been qualified.
and
Quote:
Not Supported — Known Incompatibility

The Dell Precision M65 and M90 are Incompatible with Digidesign FireWire Peripherals
I couldn't really tell the model number from the sandra post, and I don't think that either the m65 or the m90 come with the T7200 (I think they are both T7600), but I would imagine a similar model Dell might use similar parts, and contain the same compatibility problem. (which is why it works on your wife's machine and not yours)

So, it's not a file, its hardware related. Your only solution is to use it on a different computer, I'm afraid.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12