View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Windows 11 comes out Oct 5th

So after doing some further testing this weekend this is what I found.

First to be able to get the Windows 11 upgrade via Windows Update you must be running Windows 10 Build # 2004 64bit or higher and if your system meets all of the minimum hardware requirements after that then it will allow you to do the upgrade no problem.

However, on Friday October 15th Microsoft finally released the Media Creation Tool for Windows 11 so you can be able to create an ISO image or a bootable USB drive for example to do a clean install of it so I decided to give that a try on some of my test equipment that couldn't be upgraded to see if that might work. I will note that none of my test equipment has a CPU that is officially supported but what I found was that as long as the device had the TPM 2.0 module it didn't care about the CPU at all and it would let me install Windows 11 no problem. Then after the clean install completed and it was able to download drivers from Windows Update and whatnot everything seems to be working and Windows Activation also indicates it is running a legit license too.

I haven't had a chance to test Pro Tools on Windows 11 yet but once I do I will report any issues I might find.