View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 02:06 PM

Default Re: HDX Classic / Hybrid engine low latency bus routing question

I don’t think you’ll even be able to put a track with a VI on it into DSP mode, as the VI won’t be a DSP plug-in. It will be bypassed when you try and do it.

Sometimes when you get into more complex routing situations with channels of audio that are record armed, the latency you are experiencing can be the result of delay compensation being doubled up. For example, recorded armed channel -> bus -> record armed channel -> output. It isn’t possible for pro tools (or any DAW as far as I am aware) to differentiate between the time of arrival of audio on those two record armed channels. Perhaps check out ‘blue mode’ by right clicking on the ‘cmp’ in the delay compensation panel below the fader for the bus or some of your record armed channels, and turning delay compensation off.

Delay compensation ultimately calculates the total delay to align audio at the output. In some situations you don’t want it to be doing it.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.